Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 8 - The Spirit of Christmas Journey


Ok! Who stole my Christmas Cheer? It was here yesterday. I ventured out today and it was madness! I mean it was like dodgem cars on the roads and no cheery retail staff in sight. It was like the whole city had a double dose of Friday afternoon syndrome. Smiles were in very short supply.

The only person I found in the Christmas Spirit was a fellow Pay-It-Forwarder who bought me lunch. Yes! I had the magic candy canes with me. I lift them sitting on a shop counter. Hopeful someone finally decided to open them and enjoyed the Spirit of Christmas.

I did manage to pass on some gifts to a special little boy who enjoyed reading my Children's Book (which he borrowed from his uncle) earlier in the year. So now he has his own personally signed copy and some more to take to school when he returns in the new year.

While I was out I finished the books for the boys and brought colour crayons so the boys will be occupied on Sunday. I am planing to steal some time here and there tomorrow to finish the place cards for lunch on Sunday.

I confess, I too seemed to have a slight case of too much silly season. I my hope as I continue on with my projects the Spirit of Christmas spark will re-ignite and my gifts tomorrow and Sunday will see the flame glowing and weaving its magic.

I'll let you know tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment