Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 6 - The Spirit of Christmas Journey

Well, before I left for church this morning I bundled up all my presents. The books and pencils for the boys and the candy cane for us adults to have with our coffee. At the last minute I grabbed one more thing, a bucket of building blocks, I imagined my little friends would enjoy some construction and probably destruction too.

I had intended to bring the blocks home but walked out without them. I left instructions that the books and pencil were theirs, all I asked was that they shared the true meaning of Christmas with everyone, but the blocks were for next Sunday and the next and the next.

So now the boys can build more roads and more tunnels and more trains. They were very busy over lunch. Adults were amazed at the effort I put in. Time! Sometimes it’s the gift of time you put in that people appreciate the most.

Once upon a time people did sit and make hand-made gifts, but now people have so many more things to occupy their time. Christmas seems to be a time of busy activity full of stress, but watch a child with a colour in book and some pencils being careful to stay within the lines, taking pride in their task and all seems at peace in the world.

Hope you to can steal some time to enjoy the simplistic of life and the true Spirit of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment