Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 5 - The Spirit of Christmas Journey


I was thinking the only thing I managed to do today was to post off some books for charity that I bundled up yesterday. However, I just remembered I grabbed a home made Christmas card for my doctor. I had been slack and just sent her an e-card, which she appreciated.

I said I thought you might be offended not getting a hand made card this year, so here it is! I wouldn't have gone out of my way to get it to her other than I was sick, but I can't help wondering how many patients think of the doctors at Christmas time, let alone sit and make them a card. I had already sent her the e-card so taking in a handmade card as well must count as an act of kindness. Did I help change the world? No! Did I make my doctors day? Well I like to think so.

Sharing the spirit of Christmas isn't a feeling – it’s an act of will to do something for someone or give a gift to someone who you wouldn't normally go out of your way to help or give to.

Before I go I thought I'd give you a update on Piper's Christmas Bike Appeal. Got a message this morning saying all the money had been raised and Piper's Christmas wish will be granted. Ok! Now that brings a smile to my face! I know when I laid my hands on a Trike the fun and adventure I had and I pray Piper will enjoy her 'bike' and riding with her friends for many years to come. Now there's the magic of Christmas!

Catch up again tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment