Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 7 - The Spirit of Christmas Journey

I should tell where I think the Spirit of Christmas was hiding yesterday, I don't think she was too far away at all. I think the spirit of Christmas is always somewhere in someone's heart even when they say it’s not.

I still feeling oh mm today, but I'd decided that how I feel has nothing to do with the Spirit of Christmas. Today reminds me that Christmas is not a joyful season for everyone. My plans today were cancelled because my little cousin is in hospital. I am also mindful of friends who are not sure if their parents are going to still be alive on Christmas morning and there is a group of people who have never experienced a happy Christmas because they grew up in dysfunctional families.

I think the myth is that Christmas is about getting these warm fuzzy feelings I had a few weeks ago. It's not! Christmas is about the spirit of giving. Just as God gave to us his only begotten Son one Christmas over 2,000 years ago. (You might like to check out my blog archives "Is Jesus the reason for the Season", to read about the history of Christmas.) We are to follow his example of unconditional giving at Christmas time.

Just because I don't 'feel' happy today, doesn't mean I not happy in my Spirit or that I'm not experiencing the Spirit of Christmas. How I feel is most probably due to some medication issues I have at present. I think the Spirit of Christmas is still in my heart, because I'm still thinking about others and how to bless them. I spent a few hours today finishing off my table place settings and they are neatly bundled up ready to go and the boys’ presents are wrapped too.

So if you're looking for the Spirit of Christmas, this year may I suggest you look within your heart.

Check in with you again tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment