Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 10 - The Spirit of Christmas Journey


I am beginning to realise embarking of my Spirit of Christmas adventure was the best Christmas present I could be giving myself this year. In addition to taking part in the 12 Gifts of Christmas organized by Chain Links I am coordinating a 12 Days of Christmas event with a few of my friends. We have nominated today as Smile Day.

In all that the Silly Season brings in a Summer Stormy Season in Australia, the stress builds and human nature too often gets the better of us. Sometimes we need to stop and count to ten and then smile to remind ourselves that it is Christmas.

If you've been following my journey you know I had an upset stomach yesterday, so I decided to have fish for dinner. I went up to buy my fish & chips and the staff in the store weren't all that "cheery". The are always helpful and come from around the counter to help me with the door. One staff member was having dinner before her shift, she left the table to help me with the door. I wanted to let them know this customer appreciates the extra service. All I said was "you guys are wonderful!" Once again it was like the spirit of Christmas had magically changed the mood in the shop. I imagine it had the same effect as me taking in individual gift wrap presents for each of them.

Coming home is when I realize the magic my journey was having on me. I don't need to buy expensive gifts - in fact I don't need to buy gifts at all! All I need to do is choose my attitude wisely. I believe it has a powerful effect to change the world.

But I did get to making some Christmas gifts last night. I made a start of story colouring in books for the boys at church. And I still have plenty of those candy canes to work their magic. I was putting together something on the thought behind the candy canes for the two boys, when I decided we as adults may also appreciate using the candy cane to help us reflect on the meaning of Christmas too.

As a small gathering we have a fellowship lunch each week, so I have been busy this morning making individualised place cards for the table on Sunday. Ok Charlie, I know they’re not handwritten, but they will be delivered on Sunday with love. I still like the idea of an old fashion 'snail mail' letter, however if today's exercise was about the personal touch then I think the table place cards meet the requirement.

I hope the magic that is the Spirit of Christmas is starting to touch your lives to as we ask others to Pay It Forward.

Looking for to more adventures tomorrow!


1 comment: