Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 11 - The Spirit of Christmas Journey


Well . . . My mission to delivery Candy Canes without being caught was successful! My neighbour just brought in my mail, with a candy cane. "Someone's been playing Santa", she informed me. "The candy canes were on all our boxes." It warmed my heart to smile, "Arrh! Isn't that nice?"

It warms my heart that something so simple can bring smile to our faces. It is like the Spirit of Christmas light switch was turned on and the spirit came alive. I was just sitting at my desk pondering what to write, still feeling low in spirits, when she knocked at the door.

At present I have a badly infected finger and a high dose of antibiotics is making my tummy feel a little unsettled and the humidity is adding to fatigue. So it’s true the act of giving no matter how small makes you feel good inside and it’s more fun when it’s done in secret.

Currently I am involved in an number of Facebook groups who are using variations on the Random Acts of Kindness Theme, when we share it can feel like boasting and an number of participators are sharing that feeling. But at I read the experiences of others it brings joy to my soul that I am not alone in believing small random acts can make this place a nicer place to live.

So as I sit here today with the challenges life has presented me, the act I chose today seems like a “cop out". I paid for 3 Greatest Journeys through Samaritan's Purse a charity I regularly give to.

It's later in the day now and I've started on a project that will take a few days. I'm making a story colour-in Christmas book for two young boys who attend the same church as I do, based on my story Santa's Present to Jesus! Now I'm having fun with this one!

Check in with you again tomorrow


Do you know what a "Candy Cane Really is"? Many years ago a candy maker wanted to make candy that would symbolize the true meaning of Christmas-Which is "Jesus" The hard candy was shaped like a " J " to represent that Jesus is our rock of all ages. The candy was white, that stands for the pureness of Jesus, and the red represents the blood that Jesus shed to save us from our sins. So the next time you see a candy cane, take a minute to remember the real meaning of 'Christmas'.

No comments:

Post a Comment