Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 2 - The Spirit of Christmas Journey

In some ways I don't feel like I've given a gift today, although the recipients probably see it otherwise. In my mind I haven't set about to do anything that I wouldn't have done if it wasn't Christmas and yet these things are still part of my Spirit of Christmas Journey.

I spent a couple of hours today writing up a testimonial for a the website of a company who have been a tremendous support to me this year as my mobility and independence has declined. The service and support is the difference between looking at going into care; or gaining my independence back as I have done.

In October, I was well enough to hold my annual fundraiser for the Queensland Cancer Council and the company jumped at the chance to support the event. Honestly in many ways they're like family to me. No matter what I need, or when I need it, the staff are always happy to help. A few hours of my time for a promotion doesn't seem like much at all.

I also spent some time today thinking about another organization and, well, I may have made a small donation too.

Through this journey there has been an aspect that I haven't written about and that's the people I've travelled with and the new friends I have made along the way. It's so refreshing to correspond with like minded people. As a Christian, one of my greatest gifts is the ability to write small notes of encouragement. Being able to encourage others on their journey and receive encouragement too is one of the greatest things that will remain with me long after my journey has ended.

Now that is the true meaning of Christmas. Giving to family and friends and sharing the high's and low's as we travel together.

I hope you'll join me for my last post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment