Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

#BAD 11 - Everybody's Talking About Food!

Have you been on twitter? Everybody's Talking About Food! Great! What you on about now Debbie? You talk about food all the time . . . Food, what's new about food to talk about?

Ok since you asked its BAD DAY 11 that is BLOG ACTION DAY 2011. Blog writers from all over the world are posting about FOOD today. So why talk about food? It also is WORLD FOOD DAY.  How much do you think about food?

Well until this morning my thinking about food extended to what in the house do I have that I feel like eating now? Usually, with a thought of how much physical energy do I want to put in to feeding myself. I put zero thought in the chain of events that took place in order for my weekly food online order to arrive on my kitchen bench.  Except for when I had to at the computer to enter in my order. 

But I mean there's been bloggers out there today asking where did my food come from? Do I know? Do I care? Well . . . yes to the second question and yes and no to the first. I know beef mince comes from cows. But I have no idea of who own the cow or which country it was raised in. The tomatoes in my pasta sauce could of been grown in Australia, New Zealand, Europe or even Asia. The days if wandering out to the backyard for my fresh vegetables are foreign to me I confess. 

Many bloggers took time today to argue for a return to the days of self-sufficiency or at least to an organic managed world food trade system.  I myself enjoyed some a the more simplistic blog on foods as part of the school project #BAD 11. How to make organ and lemon cupcakes! Now I sit here wondering how many smiles to faces the that post cause. Just as I am jolted back to reality on food waste - How many cupcakes went into land waste today and how many people in the world went without eating (without choice) today? 

Many bloggers like me wrote on food security? Is it possible to feed the worlds population and what are the challengers ahead, such as climate change. (Read my previous post.) Before I climb into my nice warm cosy bed, I wanted to let you know it you want to join those who are talking about food click here .  Hopefully, in the future I will be more aware of where my food came from and what sacrifices others made so I can eat a nutritionist diet.    

No comments:

Post a Comment