Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Purple On!





Megan Cassdy, at 14 is one of the most inspiring individual's I have come across. I know at times that word gets over used, but Megan's inspirational message is contagious! She admits being diagnosed with epilepsy at nine was scary and she felt alone. So she stood up and did something about it!  She asked her friends to wear purple with her to school on March 26! . . . And they did and so did her town, her state and her country!

This year Purple Day  will be marked in 80 countries around the world with one simple message,

People with epilepsy are ordinary people living everyday lives!
. . . And that's a lot of purple.  When I heard there was a day called Purple Day, my ears pricked. I mean to my friends it is no secret that my favorited color is purple, so I made it my mission to find our what purple day was, just out of curiosity, you understand.

Well I was hooked! As I search my research introduce me to Megan, a young lady full of life and sense of humor, who was determine to enjoy school and hangout with her friends.  She wasn't going to let her epilepsy define her or put her in a 'special box' for 'special kids'. Sometimes our disabilities unfortunately prevent us for joining in some activities. For me experiencing uncontrollable epilepsy has meant I can't hold down a full time job. However when a 9 year old is excluded from sleepovers in case she has a seizure that must be difficult to understand.

So this courageous young lady invited her school friends to put purple on! And now she's inviting the world to purple on and united with people with epilepsy across the globe on March 26 th. 

What's next for Megan, when you're meet the Queen?  The Ellen Show of course.  Megan wants an appearance with Ellen to promote Purple Day 2013.

As you know I've chosen to splash purple on a few canvases to raise awareness of epilepsy on Purple Day 26th March 2013.  When I will be auctioning 5 of my artworks to raise money for Epilepsy Action Australia. You can bid for one of my paintings at My Purple Day Online Auction . Or make a donation at my fundraising page       

So purple on everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment