Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Purple Day Reminder


March 26 is Purple Day

International Seizure Disorders Awareness

Debbie's Purple Day 


Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders  are a very common neurological disorder. However the is wide spread misconceptions still held in the community today.

March 26th is Purple Day. The aim of purple day is to raise awareness of epilepsy. The message of Purple Day is simple; “People with epilepsy are everyday people living everyday lives.”

The most famous epileptic is of course Julia Creaser, The Roman Emperor, who ruled over a large empire. Prominent Australians with Epilepsy include Dr John Darcy (Purple Day ambassador) and Wally Lewis (channel 9 news presenter)   
Despite my seizures not being fully controlled I have choose to live a lifestyle that fully embraces my creative passions. This has included, presenting academic  papers; public speaking, travelling alone, performing poetry; attending conferences and a visual arts career.

Currently I am participating in the Federal Government’s Leaders For Tomorrow Program. So as you can see my disabilities may prevent me from full time employment, but not from living a fully life being active in the community in which I live.

As an epileptic I am supported by Epilepsy Action Australia. So this Purple Day in addition to Going Purple
I am raising funds on behalf of Epilepsy Australia through actioning five of my artworks. 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment