Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Also up for auction

An Update on Purple Day Action

March 26 is Purple Day

The aim of Purple Day is to raise awareness of epilepsy and other seizure disorders. Seizures are one of the most common neurological disorder, however many people are fearful and confronted when they see someone having a seizure for the first time. There are many misconceptions held by people in the wider community, that hinder them to assist someone having a seizure, one of the aims of Epilepsy Action Australia and purple day is to educate people how to recognize a seizure and how to assist the person.  One of the things I'd like to say to people the most important ways to assist me are to stay clam and reassure me that medical assistance is on its way. 

Having said that it is not always necessary call an ambulance if someone is having a seizure. Some seizures may only last a few seconds and after a few minutes rest the person is able to continue on with their daily routine, while other seizures known as grand mal seizures or complex seizures may need medication to stop the seizure.

Like many other illnesses, everyone who experiences a seizure will display a different set of symptoms. Which I can understand would make it difficult for someone who doesn't know me to give assistance. But they use of common sense goes along way. Like instead of moving the patient remove obstacles away from them. To not restrict abnormal movements or the person's airways. No one is going to bleed to death if the bite the tongue, but if the bite your finger because its in their month your finger might be very sore.  It is important to keep the patients airway clear, so sicking anything in their month is going to restrict their breathing. People being able to swallow their tongue during a seizure is a myth. 

A person not being able to breath is more serious than a few bites on their tongue, So its clear airways we want.  Lots of people crowding around me when I am having a seizure makes me sweat. So one people monitoring my breathing is all that is needed. Otherwise what I need is the area to be well ventilated. 

More information on seizure first-aid and types of seizure can be found at Epilepsy Action Australia in the coming weeks there be some videos on different types of seizures posted to my blog. However in the event of an emergency,call 000 (in Australia only) and the operate will direct you on how to give first-aid and if you do need an ambulance. 



On Purple Day March 26 2013

I am auctioning some of my art to raise money for

Epilepsy Action Ausstralia

The auction will take place online for 24hrs

If you like my art you can bid here

Or make a donation Here


So up for auction is



"Purple Triumph"


"Out on a limb!"


"Freedom For All"


More information on the auction,
how to bid and making payments,
and artworks will be available soon.
or you can email me.

"Postage is additional to your bid"
"Quoted Bidding Times are Brisbane, Queensland, Australia"
THANK YOU
Debbie Chilton    





No comments:

Post a Comment