Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Rewrite . . .



Like our novels, plays and poems the stories of our lives are constantly changing and often throwing new challenges and opportunities in paths. Like many people the new year presents an perfect opportunity to look back at the past year and assess where I am going, and if I on the right track.  Life has so many forks in the road, that it’s so easy to get off track and lose sight of our goals.

As a Christian in the past I’ve been terribly concerned if I’m on the right course? How can I be sure that I performing God’s chosen work for me? The bible is not really clear on what my individual purpose is”?” or is it?

Well it is pretty clear that I am an ambassador from Christ, my role is to represent the kingdom of heaven here on earth.  Well that’s pretty clear.  An ambassador represents his or her country while they are aboard. So my role as a Christian is to represent Christ in his absence. A representative usual carries on the mission or duties of the person they are sent to represent.

Jesus was single minded is his work on earth which was to complete the work of the kingdom and restore man’s relationship with the father. As a Christian my key responsibility is to inform others of the open invitation to the kingdom of heaven and conduct myself as a worthy citizen of heaven, so I can model my behaviour on the principles out lined in his word.

So many years ago, I decided to give up the notion of making sure I was on the right path according to God’s will and focus on doing God’s work while continuing on the path I am on.  Sure there are times I take the wrong fork in the road and find myself retracing my steps, but if I am living by the principles of the kingdom of God its pretty difficult to find myself living outside His will.

So what’s this about rewriting? Rewriting is not starting over, rather refining what we have already written. Perhaps we what to clarify want we are saying, or simply use less words to say the same thing. Sometimes I find I want to incorporate a new character or idea. When I find myself rewriting my goals its not because my goals were wrong, but to added clarification, direction and embrace an opportunity I didn’t previously know about and that what happen this week.

In redrafting my leadership goals, I gained a clearer picture of what I wanted to achieve through the leaders of tomorrow program.  I was able to reclarify and reorganise some of my goals. In order to reach my goal to encourage other people with disabilities to undertake roles to help shape the future of Ipswich.



No comments:

Post a Comment