Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My Life! My Choice!

Rosy's Fight Continues  

My Life! My Choice is scribble across every document that I read on the governments current disability brochures! However these words are only true, if you tick the Departments boxes, that I yet to find any fits. These word are certainly not true for Rosy, as the department of communities are asking her to move from her own home to a group home on Sunshine Coast. One fails to comprehend what part of this is Rosy choice and why she would want to live 2 hours away from the TAFE she attends.

In the article published today in the local Sunshine Coast paper. The department claims to be working with Rosy as her emergency funding is not sustainable.  Hello! What is the department doing using emergency fund, when this lady needs a full time support package!  It is obvious is was appointed in appropriated funding in the first place, if it has continued to needed to be topped up.

Once again the department has failed in its duty of care to carry out future planning with their client.  Despite all their claims a consulting process does not exist. Funding is assigned according to what you can't do. Not what you want to do.  The policy should be called Your Life! Our Rules!

OK so maybe that's a bit unfair of me, here's the choice I was given 14.5 hrs per week or risks dying!  Some choice! I actually yet 22 hours a week support by supplementing it with some HACC funding . So tell me Mr Newmann how is it that I can get more funding than this lady?  Tell where the funding system is working.  Tell Rosy she has choices about her life. 

Why are we told one thing when the reality is completely different.  Own up and admit people with disabilities have no say and no rights about lifestyle choices.

The assessment process in outdated; funding is incorrectly assigned, policies are not meet, even the department admits best practices are unattainable and the reality the department as half the funding it needs just to operate!  Tell me what part of the wheel works.

Please share Rosy story, the human rights commission said Rosy rights are being violated. Rosy has no time to wait until the NDIS is introduced.  Come stand with Rosy and tell the department It's her life! It's her Choice! .       

No comments:

Post a Comment