Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Where is Kony?

A suggested alternative to KONY 2012 LOGO
I admit the are several inconsistencies with the fine KONY 2012 Campaign. I like millions around the world watched the utube clip and was appealed that I too was caught up in the cry for justice and only now stopping to ask questions .

As I begin to read both sides of the argument and sort the fact from fiction, there is one thing everyone agrees with and that is Joseph Kony has gotten away with numinous crimes against humanity for over 2 decades, with little or no media attention. The best thing about thing about the KONY 2012 movement is the world is engaged in conversation.  But is this movement directing its funds and energies the right way in the right places? I do not pretend to know. 

While other friends and colleagues are removing blog posts. I am choosing to leave mine up.  I would hope my readers are intelligent enough to read both sides of the argument and decide for themselves if that is fence sitting, then for now I am sitting on the fence.  As I said in my previous post there are inaconsinaries in both arguments.      

One thing I think we all agree on is the film clip put together by the Invisible Children Organization was a over simplization of a complex issue.  As I pervious explain,  while explaining the who Joseph Kony is to his 4 year old son, the concept of this simply being a case of good vs evil is wrong.  What happens if we can never find Kony?  How will this ever be explained?

The face that's got everyone talking
Although thousands of innocent children have suffered because on Kony this is not child's play. Personally unlike Bin Lidan few years in hiding Kony has evaded capture for decades and I don't think anyone can say for 100% sure which country Kony is present in and if  he's there today he will still be there in a month time.  

I believe the film was correct in its reporting the Joseph Kony is skilled at jungle warfare. I bet here not silly enough to hid out in a compound laughing at us and the small band of the US army because we can't find him.  This is a highly intelligent trained solider with 30 years experience, I don't think you can begin to compare him with a radical lead like Bin Larden, nor the highly structured dictatorship of Hitler and Husiam. 

No one knows Kony's where abouts!
Where is Kony? That is anyone's guess. To promise his capture is wrong. Was I too quick to jump on the band wagon of the KONY 2012 movement? Yes? Do I regret purchasing my supporters kit? NO!  If I have  support an organization that is not doing the right thing but it donners  then that is their ethical problem. (They have since put a full finical statement on the website as the reply to the critrism )  The great problem I see in the world is inaction to do something is far better to do nothing at all.  If we worry if we've got the balance right our fear would cripple any attempt to bring about change.  


No comments:

Post a Comment