Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Social Justice . . . A Christian Response


Should Christians get involve in Social Justice? From the out set, I want to make it clear my answer is YES!  While Jesus made it clear our primary  roll here on earth is to be embarrasses of the gospel I believe his Sermon on the Mount give a clear mandate for Christians to be involved in seeks justice while we are on earth.
While we are not saved by our works our faith without works are dead.  Then Jesus answered them What I am about to tell you is the truth. Anything you did for the least of these, you did for me (Matthew 25:45) Jesus added the people who failed to care for people in need should depart from him.
Is there a better way to represent the gospel than to been seen as caring for the most at risk member members of our community?  Have said that, as a member of Pay It Forward community, I am a firm believer that every member of our community is deserving of being the recipient of kindness from another human being.
It is easy to see the needs of the homeless, single mums, people with disabilities, the poor, the hungry and those who are perhaps ‘broken in spirit’ in our community.  However, people’s needs are not always visible. 
We have not way of knowing if the person sitting next to us in the bus or the check-out chick is suffering emotionally, or even if they have a hidden disability. If we are fair dinkum about showing the compassion of Christ, then we should not be looking for the person ‘we think needs to be shown kindness the most.
Let us all act with compassion to out felloe man.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment