Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

What is Disability Action Week?

Empower, Embrace, Everybody!

September 18th to 24th is Disability Action Week. A week long celebration in which Queenslanders embrace the achievements of people with disabilities, their families and those who care for them. Te week aims to promote and encourage the abilities of people in our community who have disability. It also encourages us to have a positive attitude about the abilities of those different to us and promote equal access to the community and its lifestyle.

As a person with a disability I personally want to be acknowledge for my achievements as a  member of  'my community' not as a person who happens to have a few more challenges in life! I am not handicap only 'words' and 'attitudes' can handicap us. You don't need a medical diagnosed having a disability to handicap yourself or others!

So when everybody is different? What is the difference?

Have a great week of celebration!     

No comments:

Post a Comment