Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Organ Donors


Australia has one of the lowest rates of organ donations in the word. It is a topic to rarely discussed in the media and with family and loved ones. Yet the wait list for organ transplants effects many lives. Firstly it effects the lives of those waiting for an organ donation. Imagine carrying your mobile round 24/7 desperately wait for a call while the hours of your life tick down. Secondly this wait affects the lives of the loved ones who have family members on the waiting list. As well as the stress of waiting with a loved one for the phone call that could save there lives; they also have the physical demands of caring for a sick loved one. I can't begin to imagine the daily stress this places on a family. 

There are another group of people who are affect by the long waiting lists for organ donations and that is the families of loved ones who have just passed away. Some where in an emergency or ICU, in an Australian hospital to day a family will be asked to consider organ donation. This terrible fate could affect your family at any time. You find yourself in shock and grief and having to make a decision about donating their organs at the same time as you have to say good-bye and turn off the life support. Meanwhile somewhere in Australia your love ones organs are desperately want by people who are dying on waiting lists. Sadly too many on transplants lists pass away before donors are found.

What about you? Do you know what you would say if you were asked to donate a love ones organs? Have you discussed this with your family? I know I haven't. Like many families no one likes to discuss death and the many issues and decisions surrounding a loves one death.

This letter come from a fellow blogger, who has ask me to do two things, pass the letter on to you Open Letter and write to the Premier of Victoria concerning organ transplant waiting time. I am forwarding this letter on to you and I am asking you too Too Spread The Word.

May I encourage you to talk to your loved ones about your wishes concerning organ donation. Alternatively you can registered at Organ Donors Register   

Signed
Debbie Chilton 

Keep the letter moving   

No comments:

Post a Comment