Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Challenging the Meaning of Possibilty


They say a picture paints a thousands words as I struggle to aid you in your understanding of the new Disability Care Australia and who we as a community must begin to challenge what is possible I came across this u-tube clip. What do I mean by access to all areas.  I think in a historical context this pair of highly trained dances would of been denied access to this stage.

Certainly neither of this couple would qualify for assistance under Disability Care Australia.  Nor are they the types of impairments that the system seeks to assist.  The video does however challenge our preconceptions of disability and what is truly possible.  One by one each barrier must be removed as we march towards full inclusion and allow people access to all areas.  Not just a spectators but full participants in the recognition we are all gifted in some way.   


The maze towards the introduction of Disability Care Australia is a difficult one, as we train our selves to ask what is possible and how do we get there.  Where are the safety nets in this new system?  How do we give people with disabilities and their families real choices with Access To All Areas while protecting their vulumberity to preparatory that may not want to play the game fairly. 

Tonight as I write this posts their are many questions I can not give you.All I can reassure you of is Wednesday's agreement between the state and federal government means for the first time people with disabilities have access to support and resources to enable them to access all areas of Australian live for the first time in history.

The people will like the two ballet dances can live lifestyles of their choosing, without being governed by geographically boundaries and locations where support services are available.  The workings to a system we calling market driven are not yet as clearly defined as I like.  How can I receive a service in Dably Queensland if that serivce that I need does not exsist?  I do know under the Disability Care legislation service will need to change the way they deliver many of their supports.  To answer these and many other question is going to take some pretty revoluationary thinking just like the corrgraphar of this dance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment