Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Life! It's Worth Talking About!


For now I am cloth in an earthly tenth, it withers and fades as the years past.  As a Christian I believe my body came with a use by date.  It is not mine to keep.  The bible tells us that our days on earth a numbered and recorded in the book of life.  From the time we are born our bodies are in a constant start of decay.

However, if you read my previous blog post you will know I also believe we are made by design.  The rate and they way our bodies are decaying is unqic to us as individuals.  The rate of the breakdown of each individual organ is different too.  Most of us reach the end of our earthly lives with all our organs intact.
But not everyone is that fortunate, some individual body’s long out live the vital organs such as the heart, lungs, liver and kidneys.  Yet these organs are the life system of the body, we can live without an arm or an eye, but not a heart.  These are organs of life.

The irony is sometimes through tragic circumstances these organ are in perfect working order when the soul which is clothed in this earthly tent is destroyed.  In most cases families turn off life support machines and perfectly healthy organs are disposed of with the rest of the earthly remains.

At this point I am aware my post is sounding cold and clinical, but as a Christian the use of our bodies is tempory. Human life is more than the flesh and blood we are born with.  The bible calls this our earthly tent. 2 Corinthians 5: 1 – 3, is clear 

“For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built of human hands. Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked.
As individuals we consist of body mind and spirit, I believe upon our death the first two components are left behind as our corpse and the third lives only.  As someone who daily struggles with the limitations of disabilities, I look forward with eager anpartispation to my new heavenly body.

It is a sad reality that at any one time there are 1600 people on the transplant waiting list at any one time and Australia has one of the lowest organ donation rates in the Western world. Hundreds of Australians could be given the gift of life if we took the time to learn about the process of organ donation and take about the issues, communicating to love ones our wishes should the unimagable occur.

This is not talking about death, but rather talking about life and isn’t that work talking about. This week is donate a life week many myths exist about organ donation Click here to learn more.  The website has great suggestions on how to discuss organ donation with your family, so this week Let’s Talk Life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment