Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Come be a Purple Day Hero


Cassidy wants people everywhere
with Epilepsy to know they
are not alone! 

Purple day was start by nine year old Cassidy Megan in 2008. The primary aim of purple day is to raise awareness about epilepsy and other seizure disorders.  To do this Cassidy decided to simply ask people to wear purple on 26 March.  By wearing purple people who experience seizures are standing in solidarity in saying ‘no’ to the isolation people with epilepsy and other seizure disorders can faces.  
Purple day is now celebrated in many countries around the world and both Epilepsy Queensland and Epilepsy Action Australia are encouraging people to hold “Purple Day Events”, in there homes, schools and workplaces. Here are some suggestions form Cassidy herself; have a party, parade, organise a walk, put up posters, contact media and Politicians.  However, you can stand with people with epilepsy on March 26 2012 is a great idea.  There are more ideas at epilepsyqueensland.com.au. Personally, I have asked all my support workers, family, friends and Facebook friends to wear purple on March 26, 2012. I have download posters from the epilepsy Queensland website, purchased a purple Epilepsy Action T-shirt, download an email signature and I am sell purple day merchandise on behalf of Epilepsy Queensland. The best way to get involve is to head to these websites, http://www.epilepsyqueensland.com.au/site/purpleday; http://www.purpleday.org/ and http://www.epilepsy.org.au/purpleday. You can contract me on Facebook to purchase your purple day gear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment