Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Nelson Mandela 1918 - 2013

Tribute to Nelson Mandela 



Nelson Mandela 
1918 - 2013 

Painted by Judith Baker


Visionary
Freedom Fighter
Nobel Peace Winner
Former President of South Africa 
Personal Hero 

My awaking to the political climate in South Africa and the social injustices the natives suffered as a result of English domination happen in 1992 when I read Bryce Contrary's Power of One. Mandela himself needs not introduction as the freedom fighter through personal imprisonment gave all to unite a nation both black and white! 

"No one us born hating another person because 
of the color of his skin,
or his background, or his religion. 
People must learn to hate,
and if they can learn to hate,
they can be taught to love,
for love comes more naturally 
to the human heart than its opposite."
Nelson Mandela 1918 - 2013

A personal hero who help shape the compassion I feel for my fellow man.  I do not mind who I was born but I love the person I have become because of those who have walk before me a faced there own injustices. As I remember the life another remarkable human being, I am humble and inspired to continue to work towards my own dream to see equality and social inclusion of all people in Australia.

The best tribute I can give to Nelson Mandela is to spread his message of equality.


In writing this post I join with bloggers around the world inspired by Nelson Mandela and others who walked before us, to raises social justice issues which still need highlighting.  The march towards equality continues. 


No comments:

Post a Comment