Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Is the sky blue?



Of course well all have people is our lives who are opinionated and love an argument for argument sake. I believes there are times when I am being supported by a support and the lack of respect for client choice has to nothing do with me having a disability or even  me!  The support worker may choose to have the very same argument with their own mother.  Sometimes even the topic of discussion is irreverent and we may be arguing over the ‘sky being blue’.

Roses are red!
Violates are blue!
Sugar is sweet!
And so are you!

Fact or fiction- it is true that some roses are red! But these are in the minority.  If I have a red rose in my hand then you could argue that that ‘rose is red’, but if was stand holding a blue rose blue rose in my hand . . . then reciting these very famous lines, may sound like fiction.

The types of workers will stand asking for justification for a choice I make and even when I deliver a reasonable defence for my choice they will continue to argue the point, just to be right and almost like score points.

I wonder if these people see life as so black and white they would argue that the sky is blue.  Debbie, I simply stating a fact that the sky is blue and on that particular day the sky might reflect a picture card blue sky, like just as I am standing and holding at red rose.  At that time the person may simply be stating a fact.
But to play devil’s advocate I going to argue the statement that the sky is blue is an opinion. The blue colour we can both see at the moment in time is a reflection as a result of weather condition. The sky actually appears many different colours, depending on the weather and time of day.  It may appear grey or even green is there’s a storm on the horizon, and the a whole mirror of different colours at sunrise and sunset. 

Yet for some reason there are people who would want to argue over whether or not the sky is blue.  Being a phalmatic person at the end of the day argument  the worker will get one of two reactions whatever (like real at the end  of the day who cares!) or I will blow a raspberry. Depending if I am in a childish or adolesces like mood.

To me some battles like arguing the appearance of colour of the sky is a mere reflection of atmospheric conditions is  not worth picking a fight over.  Been there! Done that! . . . And decided it’s a waste of energy and support time.

Like the time I was in Crazy Clarks (one of those $2 shops) I found myself needing to justify to my support worker a $2 purchase as if it was a major purchase in my life and the defence I presented was deemed weak.  Needless to say we never had that type of argument or any argument again.  I made the purchase or one pink folder and one purple folder and left at the end the day if I was even being challenged by a worker over the right to buy 2 purple folders valued at $2 each. That support worker was never going to understand client choice and I asked for the worker to be removed from my roster. Some people will argue of every little thing.  Whatever . . . I haven’t got that time to waste when I have 4 hrs support per week.

The commanding officer doesn’t choose to fight diversion, unless of course the form part of his battle plans. Arguing over the colour of folder on that day was not as import of the taste and the aroma a purchase of a coffee was about to bring.  The colour of the folder was an unnecessary diversion in my day.

On that note I am yet to find a support worker who has argued with me over a request to stop and have a coffee, often rather choosing to indulge in a coffee with me. Which is a good thing, when you choose to be a coffee addict.

Just do me a favour next time you feel like arguing over the colour of the sky or a folder let me know so I can go hide out in a coffee shop instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment