Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

News on NDIS

You may care to read someone else's insight to the induction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and their vision of the possibilities under the scheme. Fonia Anderson addressed the National Disability & Career's Alliance on  11th September, during Disability Action week, 2013. You can read her speech here

The road ahead is not straight nor easy going. I can not show you a picture of your destination as the destination we seek will look very different for each individual who is support by NDIS.  I find that exciting, as I no longer need to conform to tick boxes or find the program that think best fits me. I look the picture that Fiona paints and the illustration of how NDIS support can be access after normal hours.

The NDIS is about a fully functional social inclusive society. It is about people with disabilities living lives which much more reflect you own. Rather than fitting in around life that functions around us. As Fiona discussions many of these dreams and ideas are outside our personal experiences. Changes like these takes time to adjust and trigg. It would be great if it could happen tomorrow, but to rush will only see systems ;like the passed when policies around social inclusion and care where made on the run.

Choose to use this phase well. Chose to dream, Chose to explore and Chose to plan for a bright future.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment