Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

October 2nd is World CP Day!

02.10.13
World CP Day is not another awareness campaign. WORLD CP DAY  is a movement to change the world to make it a better place for the millions of people living with CP around the world.  People born with CP are some of the most disadvantage people, especial in the third world.  In the third world being born with disability often brings shame to the family.  Many children are left to die or place in orphanages.

WORLD CP DAY is in essence a sharing of ideas among people with CP across the world with people encourage to design inventions and technologies that will improve the lives of others with CP. With the top ideas awarded money to develop their ideas and make them a reality.  You can view the ideas from 2013 on the website.

I think as an artists I world love to see an easel that could move at the push of the button and the artist could position the canvas where the want. As an artist living with CP it is frustrating to ask someone to do what my hands won't.  I can't imagine how frustrating that must be for an artist who happens to be non-verbal.  From experience paint and ipads to communicate don't mix well.

Artists Living with Disability
Disability Action Week 2013


Those living with CP are often creative out of necessity. I quiet cleaver at bamboozling others by my tricks to perform everyday tasks.  We don't get to choose what cards we are deal, only how we play them out.  The people involved in World CP Day certainly play their cards well!

You to can help change the world on October 2nd 2013. why going to the WORLD CP DAY  website and voting for your favorite idea during October.         


So put you hand up for ability!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment