Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

March 26 th is Purple Day


Purple Day is International Epilepsy Awareness Day!


Most of us are aware of the symptoms pf a 'grand mal' or 'tonic/chronic' seizures, but did 
you know that there have been over 40 different types of seizures identify? Someone might even experience and short absent seizure without you even noticing it. For other people living with seizure disorders their seizures can be much more distributive and inhibit some daily activities. For me its I experience small in convinces such as not being able to drive or maintain employment. However I am still able to follow my creative passions of writing, poetry and art. I am very active in my local community and currently involved in a leadership program that will better enable me to serve my local community into the future.  Epilepsy like any other disability should not prevent anyone from taking part in any aspect of community life.  The message of Purple Day is "People who experience seizures are ordinary people living everyday lives." On purple day we aim to blend in with  our community, by asking our family, friends and colleagues to ware purple. 

AlthoughI am seeking to make a statement about my ability as an artist on March 26th 2013 by the first public sale of my artwork to raise funds for Epilepsy Action Australia and there on going work to support people like me to participate in society without fear of judgement. Epilepsy Action Australia website has great resources  to educate people about different types of epilepsy, general first aid and helping those with seizure to track there seizure and identify they triggers. Heres a diagram to assist you to understand focal seizures.        


You can visit my are auction at Debbie's Purple Day Art Auction

or why not make a online donation on go fundraising page

PLEASE NOTE: ALL ART PIECES MUST BE PAID FOR BY ELECTRONIC PAYMENTS AND EACH BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR POSTAGE COSTS! I WILL CONTACT EACH SUCCESSFUL BIDDER WITH PAYMENT AND POSTAGE ARRANGEMENTS. 

Please consider this when making your bid.

THANK YOU!

Sample Art Below


  

No comments:

Post a Comment