Life Matters

LIFE MATTERS

I discuss here the Matters of Life because Life Matters. From the very moments of conception until we meet face to face with Christ our creator. I share with my readers how my Christian Faith influences my biblical response to the events all around me.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Every Australian Counts or Do They.


Please Support us on April 30th 2012
 While my fears and distrust still continues over whether a fair system of funding the Disability Sector can be found at least the NDIS brings hope. Despite having Cerebral Palsy; uncontrollable seizures and multiple health related problems, meeting my individual support needs has never been funded by directly the state government through disability services.  After more than 10 years I am still waiting for my support service, despite a category 1 rating, which I no long have as I’m too high functioning, I continue to wait for direct assistance.  How ‘disable’ will I need be under NDIS?  Under this ‘fairer system’ will I quality?

Or will it simply mean I have no access to other services under HACC. Being born with a disability they tell me will automatic mean I can access National Disability Insurance Scheme.

My hope for the National Disability Scheme is eligibility and thus service delivery is based on meeting my needs.  It focus is on what I can’t do without support.  So much support services are reflective.  I am tried of the one size fits all band-aid solutions.  I get help with things I know I can do, but not things I can’t do.  Under the current system I see so much money which could be better spent to support people with disabilities and the there families if funding was directed towards meeting actual needs rather than perceive needs.

I hope long after NDIS is established people with disabilities and their respective support systems continued to be consulted about service delivery and reforms. My name is Debbie Chilton and this is not only my story but the story of thousands of other Australians.  Please lend you support and make NDIS a reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment